How to get a document image into the Form Pilot program window
You can print any document to the Form Pilot virtual printer from any application that supports printing. Thus it is possible to convert documents from many formats (PDF, HTML, DOC, XLS, CDR, DWG, TXT, etc.) into a format Form Pilot document (CFP). The driver of the virtual printer is installed on your system during installation of the application. If you set the Form Pilot printer as the default, instead of printing to your standard printer your document will go to Form Pilot.
To convert your document to a Form Pilot document:
1. Open any document in its original program. Select the Print command in that program. A Print dialog must appear, e.g.
2. Select Form Pilot as the Printer name.
3. Click OK to print your document to Form Pilot.
4. A new document containing a raster (graphical) form of the document from your application must appear in Form Pilot.
5. Now you can place text fields in your document and fill out the form with Form Pilot .
Using the Virtual Printer without Having Administrator Rights
To work under a restricted user, the Administrator should set up the following:
Installation on a Terminal Server
For installation of Form Pilot Office on a terminal server, you must purchase the appropriate license entitling use on a terminal server.
You must install Form Pilot Office using Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs, otherwise the virtual printer won't function properly under TS.
The Form Pilot virtual printer is available with each Form Pilot program.
Back to How fill out out electronic forms of any type (DOC, TXT, XLS, PDF documents, etc.).