Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / Different page sizes from MS WORD ?
James P. Ritchie
# Posted: 14 Jan 2005 14:31

I'm testing the demonstration version of Virtual Print Pilot. It's produced several useful results already. But, one sample I'm testing is a set-up in MS WORD to print on custom sized paper: 5.4"(w) x 4.8" (h). The .jpg file created by VPP gives the desired text centered left-right and at top in a 2550 (w) x 3289 (h) pixel display. That's 8.53" x 11" in portrait mode (switching w and h) at 300 dpi, not the 1621 (w) x 1440 (h) display that would result from a 5.4x4.8" page at 300 dpi.

Did I miss something in setting up this printing ?

Sincerely,
Jim Ritchie

admin
Admin
# Posted: 20 Jan 2005 15:28

Hi Jim,

could you please try to do the same task using our other project "EMF Printer Pilot Example": http://www.colorpilot.com/load/emfprinterexample.exe
Do you still have this problem?

Thank you,
Natalia Blomeier

Anonymous
# Posted: 9 Feb 2005 12:26

Hello Natalia,

The emfprinterexample.exe gives the same result. If I use the print preview, the text appears on a correctly sized background. If I go to Print|Properties|Advanced the paper size is shown as "Letter". When printing, I converted the document to .jpg format using the emfprinter dialog. The resulting .jpg file is 2550x3300 or 8.5 x 11 at 300 dpi, and not the smaller page size. I also looked at the .emf files in WINDOWS\TEMP; they are sized for 8.5 x 11, judging by the relative proportions of text and page size. Of course, I can resize the .jpg files manually, but it would save a step if your product did it.

Sincerely,
Jim Ritchie

Natalia
# Posted: 11 Feb 2005 12:49

Hi,

Paper size in Word settings and paper size in printer driver are actually, different things.
To print on a paper that has a non-standard size, you need to set this size in both Word and your printer driver. This rule takes place for usual printers as well as for virtual printers.

Unfortunately, Virtual Print Pilot does not support custom paper size. However, you can find it in "EMF Printer Pilot Example": Start | Programs | EMF Printer Pilot Example | Printing Preferences.

yanx
# Posted: 3 Mar 2009 07:14

Hi,

May I ask if what is the width and height of 1/4?
Because it is the equirement for our booklet. Thank You.