Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / Metafile rendering in a PDF through a DC
Julianis
# Posted: 10 Jan 2012 11:28

Hi,

I'm still continuating the evaluation of PDFCreatorLib and I encountered an issue.
When we export a document to a PDF thru PDFCreatorLib, we use the rendering thoug a Device Context HDC.
Everything is nearly ok except some metafiles from time to time.

Some temporay metafiles are generated during the rendering and then drawn to the DC of PDF. Those metafiles can contain text, drawings, etc ..

Sometimes the resulting text drawn in the PDF from the metafile will start by the character "=".

eg:
- i create a metafile
- the text "Hello world" is printed in the metafile
- the metafile is closed
- the metafile is then drawn in the DC of the PDF
- when i open the generated PDF, i get the text "=Hello world". I should add the "=" char is always black but the text is usually colored by our document.

- for debugging purpose, I saved the temporary metafile generated for this rendering and it opens without this "=" character

What is disturbing is that it doesnt happen all the time. I got a document with several text exported using this method and not all rendering in the PDF contains the = character.
In this document a metafile is created for each text, about 3/4 of them will start by the '=" char, the rest will be displayed ok.

Another issue related to metafiles is that some are drawn in the PDF, others not at all.
Same document from our software on 2 different computers using metafiles: one will be displayed okish (with the = bug described above) and on another computer, not at all.

Best regards
Julien

Artem
# Posted: 10 Jan 2012 20:45

Hello Julien,

It seems the problem with fonts. The metafiles are machine-dependent. The same metafile can be displayed on the different machines differently.

Could you send us your emf for testing, please?

Please, do not attach files when you reply to this email. Our e-mail box does not accept the emails with the attachments. You can use our online form to send us a file: http://www.colorpilot.com/support.html.

--
Best regards,
Artem Golubnichenko

Two Pilots
http://www.colorpilot.com