Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / ReadOnly PDF
Jan
# Posted: 16 Mar 2005 10:31

Hello,

I'm a new Visual C++ programmer and I would like to know how can I create new ReadOnly PDF or when I open the PDF file, it can't save as in another format such as rtf(Rich format text).Does it has a function to do that?

ps.Is it possible to know exactly parameter to give in each function for example PDFPAGE_SetActiveFont and I would like to know parameter meaning.

Thank you

Stanislav
# Posted: 16 Mar 2005 20:02

Hello Jan,

Yes, PDF Creator Pilot can save only PDF format.

For function PDFPAGE_SetActiveFont you should use font name and style parameters.
Here is an excerpt from documentation:

PDFPAGE_SetActiveFont(FontName as String,FontStyle_Bold as Boolean,FontStyle_Italic as Boolean,FontStyle_Underline as Boolean,FontStyle_StrikeOut as Boolean,FontSize as long,FontCharset as TxFontCharset)

Description

This procedure sets the active font for text operations.
PDF Creator Pilot emulates fsUnderLine and fsStrikeOut style. If the font does not have fsBold or fsItalic style then PDF Creator Pilot will emulate it as well.
FontName - name of the True Type font. If you use Arial, Courier New, Times New Roman with FontCharset= ANSI_CHARSET then PDF Creator Pilot will use standard fonts (type Font1).
Also you can use 'Symbol' and 'ZapfDingbats' standard fonts.

FontCharset can be one of the constants defined as TxFontCharset.

Note: For CJK fonts you can use any name of the font. PDF Creator Pilot uses the name of standard CJK fonts for Adobe Acrobat. For each CJK language you must have corresponding Adobe language kit. You can find it on Adobe web site http://www.adobe.com

Thank you very much !

Best regards,
Stanislav