Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / PDF Compatibility with illustrator & coreldraw?
netsirk
# Posted: 1 Mar 2007 05:48

Hi - just installed the software and run HELLO PDF - all goes fine, Adobe Acrobat opens the file fine, but illustrator and coreldraw will not import the PDF file - am i missing some headers?

Stanislav
# Posted: 1 Mar 2007 06:04

Hello,

The PDF format produced by our products is standard-based, so this is Illustrator and CorelDraw issues. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Stanislav
Two Pilots
www.colorpilot.com

Anonymous
# Posted: 1 Mar 2007 19:53

i disagree - i've tried a few products similar to yours - they each open in Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator. I like your presentation and your product seems well supported - but blaming the two largest graphics powerhouses because your product isn't compatible with them is a cop out!

Stanislav
# Posted: 2 Mar 2007 02:57

Hello,

Using CorelDraw 9 i was able to import PDF file generated by PDF Creator Pilot.

Best regards,
Stanislav
Two Pilots
www.colorpilot.com

netsirk
# Posted: 2 Mar 2007 06:28

yes, Corel 9 seems to work- but this is a really old version. What might have changed for Corel 12 and illustrator CS?

Perhaps PDF specs are tighter for the newer versions??? My file is nothing more than the HELLO PDF sample - no headers, no includes, no embedded fonts.

I'm trying to add PDF compatibility to my app, but if I'm not compatible with the latest drawing programs, it is of no use. I've been using corel draw and illustrator for years - i've never come across a PDF that wouldn't open. In Corel I get an OUT OF MEMORY ERROR - but this is a really small file and I've got 2 gigs of ram and lots of disk space.

Thanks for your time.

KellyG
# Posted: 28 Apr 2007 17:39

Hello,

I am currently evaluating PDF Creator Pilot. One of the requirments is the ability to open the PDFs in Illustrator.Has this issue been solved?

Stanislav
# Posted: 29 Apr 2007 11:56

Dear Kelly,

Our developers are informed to make our output Illustrator-readable. However, our PDF is standard-based, and without Illustrator-specific PDF requirements specifications we cannot guarantee that it will be implemented. I hope this can be done.

Best regards,
Stanislav
Two Pilots
www.colorpilot.com