Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / PDF Measure text
KellyG
# Posted: 19 May 2007 13:27

I need to be able to output a PDF document with a table and a bunch of text. From what I've been able to discern, I am responsible for drawing the lines of the table myself. I am ok with doing this, however, there doesn't seem to be a way to get the height of a string of text using a specific font, so there is now way to know how large to draw the table cells. For my application, I need to be able to adjust the number of cells that fit on a page depending on the font and font size that the user selects.

I have tried using the WIN32 API function GetTextExtendPoint32 with the HDC that the library provides, but the returned results are incorrect.

This is the one thing that is keeping me from purchasing this library. If this functionality can be added, then I would love to purchase and use this product.

Thanks!

Stanislav
# Posted: 21 May 2007 01:50

Hello,

This feature is in our requested features list. I'll inform you when some information will be available.

Best regards,
Stanislav
Two Pilots
www.colorpilot.com