Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / How can i insert XMP Metadata into PDF's
Iker Celorrio
# Posted: 28 Nov 2007 04:09

Hi Stanislav/Support!

I am here again.

In the latest full release, i see this interesting feature:
+ added XMP metadata creation

How can i add xmp information to my PDF?

An example:

If you create a pdf with a bill, I want add the bill information (hidden) into pdf with XML, and Customers can extract this info with his app that can extract XML metadata from PDF Files. That is XMP. How can i do this?

Stanislav
# Posted: 28 Nov 2007 09:16

Dear Iker,

Unfortunately you can't add arbitrary XMP to PDF in current version. This feature will be available in upcoming releases. In current version PDF library writes predefined XMP.

Best regards,
Stanislav
Two Pilots
www.colorpilot.com

a
# Posted: 20 Sep 2010 02:33

Hi Stanislav/Support!

I am here again.

In the latest full release, i see this interesting feature:
+ added XMP metadata creation

How can i add xmp information to my PDF?

An example:

If you create a pdf with a bill, I want add the bill information (hidden) into pdf with XML, and Customers can extract this info with his app that can extract XML metadata from PDF Files. That is XMP. How can i do this?

max.f
# Posted: 24 Sep 2010 07:19

Hello,

Unfortunatelly you cant do it with PDF Creator Pilot. Only standard documents properties (title, author, keywords, ...) are stored in XMP format while saving a document in a PDF/A mode. Custom properties are not supported.

--
Max Filimonov,
max.f@colorpilot.org