Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / Extended Rights (Saving forms) possible?
MarioGaida
# Posted: 11 Feb 2008 09:56

Hello,

is it possible to save form data in PDF documents created with the PDF Creator Lib?
Found nothing useful yet in the www :-(

Thank you in advance
regards
Mario Gaida

vit.shibaev
# Posted: 12 Feb 2008 01:22

Hi!

Yes, it is possible. PDF Creator makes valid pdf documents with AcroForm, including such controls as EditBox, Button, RadioButton, CheckBox. Actions are supported.
Feel free to ask me questions, if you have any other.

Best regards,
Vitaliy Shibaev
Two Pilots

Vitaliy Shibaev
# Posted: 12 Feb 2008 01:27

Here is the sample document, created with PDF Creator:
http://colorpilot.com/~vit.shibaev/TestAcroForm.pd f

MarioGaida
# Posted: 12 Feb 2008 08:48

Hello,

Thank you for trying to help.
In fact, I wasn't sure if saving form content depends on the PDF or on the program with which you open the PDF. As it seems, it's a matter of the program. My free acrobat reader simply can't save form data - whereas the Adobe Acrobat Professional application can.

But here's to another problem:
When trying to submit data with your sample document - nothing happens. Reproduced it (using LotusScript and the VB Examples)... but we can't seem to get the Submit Button working...

Can someone try to provide a working example of Submitting form data?
(or is this also a matter of the used application, and not the PDF itself?)

Thank you very much in advance
Mario Gaida

Vitaliy Shibaev
# Posted: 12 Feb 2008 13:59

HI!

Yes, as I remember we have some problems with form submitting. We can investigate and resolve this problem some later, not earlier than next week.

Best regards,
Vitaliy Shibaev
Two Pilots

MarioGaida
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 05:33

Hello again,

any ETA on fixing the problems? The opportunity to send form data via POST is crucible for a company decision regarding the PDF Creator License order next week... :-(

Thank you very much!
regards
Mario Gaida

Vitaliy Shibaev
# Posted: 21 Feb 2008 11:33

Hi, Mario!

We fixed some bug with form submitting, please check how it looks now. You can download last build here: http://colorpilot.com/~bobrovsky/PDFCreatorPilot3_ 9_1123.zip.

Best regards,
Vitaliy Shibaev

MarioGaida
# Posted: 22 Feb 2008 04:08

Hello Vitaliy,

Thank you very much! Now the submit function seems to work, we finally received the POST data :-))

Best wishes
Mario Gaida

Vitaliy Shibaev
# Posted: 24 Feb 2008 12:13

Hi, Mario!

Glad to hear it!
Good luck using PDF Creator!

Best regards,
Vitaliy Shibaev
Two Pilots

MarioGaida
# Posted: 27 Feb 2008 06:40

Hello Vitaliy,

we just purchased and downloaded the full version - is your hotfix already included in the full version?

Thank you
Regards
Mario Gaida

Vitaliy Shibaev
# Posted: 27 Feb 2008 09:13

Hi Mario!

On the link, which I gave you (http://colorpilot.com/~bobrovsky/PDFCreatorPilot3 _9_1123.zip), is the latest tested version. It is not official release but it's normal full version.

Best regards,
Vitaliy Shibaev
Two Pilots

MarioGaida
# Posted: 27 Feb 2008 09:20

Hello,

ah thank you very much :-))
We will try that!

Greetings
Mario Gaida