Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / suggestion
eco
# Posted: 12 Feb 2008 03:23

It seem that when loading, pdfcreator read the default printer informations.
It's a problem for us because a large amount of our customers do not get a printer installed.
Can't you imagine creating a function that enable us to initialize pdfcreator from an internal DEVMODE struct ?

Vitaliy Shibaev
# Posted: 12 Feb 2008 13:15

Hi!

Please try to use UseScreenDC property (before BeginDoc).
How it looks now?

Best regards,
Vitaliy Shibaev
Two Pilots

eco
# Posted: 13 Feb 2008 02:24

Ok, I'll try but here is my output on CoCreateInstance (before any BeginDoc):

'Builder.exe': Loaded 'C:devBuilderPDFCreatorPilot3.dll', Exports loaded.
'Builder.exe': Loaded 'C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32SPOOLDRIVERSW32X863unidrvui.dll', Exports loaded.
'Builder.exe': Loaded 'C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32SPOOLDRIVERSW32X863unidrv.dll', Exports loaded.
'Builder.exe': Loaded 'C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32SPOOLDRIVERSW32X863PCL5ERES.DLL', Binary was not built with debug information.

I think you load some printerdrivers on init....

Vitaliy Shibaev
# Posted: 14 Feb 2008 08:00

Hi!

And do you have real problem? Library isn't work on machines without any printer?

The developer who was written this part of library is away now, I will be able to reply in details not before the next week.

Best regards,
Vitaliy Shibaev
Two Pilots

eco
# Posted: 18 Feb 2008 02:47

Why do you spend time for that if you do not need these informations ?

Vitaliy Shibaev
# Posted: 18 Feb 2008 05:34

Hi!

With UseScreenDC == true really any printer is not using, so in spite of your message I ask do you have real, not theoretical, problems. We tested it on machines without any printer installed and it works ok.
Concerning problem with using of some printer dlls I can tell only that we resolve it in the future.

Best regards,
Vitaliy Shibaev

eco
# Posted: 25 Feb 2008 02:22

It was just a suggestion.
When you get a network printer that is really slow, imagine the time needed to start a pdf printing....

Vitaliy Shibaev
# Posted: 28 Feb 2008 03:33

Hi!

We resolved it, now default printer uses only if it is expected patently. This correction will be included in the next release.

Best regards,
Vitaliy Shibaev
Two Pilots