Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / HTML2PDF displays bank page with links
CnetSolutions
# Posted: 23 Apr 2008 16:12

Hello,
I'm evaluating the use of VisPDFLib and HTML2PDF in Delphi for a project I'm working on that requires the conversion of HTML to a PDF. Your product sounds like the perfect solution.
However, when I try to use the HTML2PDFTest application supplied in the installer, I get a blank PDF. Hovering my mouse over the PDF reveals that the various links (set to be preserved) are there, but nothing is actually displayed (text, graphics, etc) except the trial message.
Working with the product in Delphi 7, I've tried the LoadHTMLFile, LoadFromString, and LoadHTMLString methods, encountering an access violation in all cases. Tracing the problem, it appears that DefaultInterface in all of those methods in HTML2PDFAddOn_TLB is nil, causing that error.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, even manually unregistering and reregistering the DLL's without any different results in both the test application and my own code.
I'm trying to develop in Delphi 7 on Windows Vista. Any tips or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mvf
# Posted: 23 Apr 2008 22:48 · Edited by: mvf

Please check your DEP (Data Execution Prevention) settings. You can find it this way:
- Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System.
- Click the Advanced tab and, under Performance, click Settings.
- Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
You need the "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" option to be checked. Don't forget to reboot Windows if any changes are taken on DEP.

--
Max Filimonov
max.f@colorpilot.com

CnetSolutions
# Posted: 24 Apr 2008 09:52

Thanks for the tip, but I already had that option checked. I also tried with the option to turn on DEP for all programs--still no luck.