Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / Adobe Readers version supported by PDF Creator 3.9
Anonymous
# Posted: 30 Apr 2008 03:53

What are the diferent versions of Adobe reader which PDF Creator Pilot 3.9 library does support?

Vitaliy Shibaev
# Posted: 30 Apr 2008 23:21

Hi,

PDF Creator supports all versions of Adobe Acrobat since 4.0.

Best regards,
Vitaliy Shibaev
Two Pilots

Anonymous
# Posted: 7 May 2008 06:33

K...cool....good to know that!

Anonymous
# Posted: 7 May 2008 06:46

Is there any property/field is available to know the "current" cursor position?

Lets have a look at example scenario where i am adding some text and images to the pdf file.

PDFPilotObject.BeginDocument();

//Some code to print the text in PDF
PDFPilotObject.PDFPAGE_SetActiveFont("Arial", false, false, false, false, 8, PDFCreatorPilot3Lib.TxFontCharset.charsetANSI_CHAR SET);
objPDFPilot.PDFPAGE_TextOut(285, 5, 0, "Page " + PDFPilotObject.PageCount.ToString());

//To know the current Y coordinate Text position
int intY_Position = PDFPilotObject.PDFPAGE_CurrentTextPositionY;

//Code to Add some Images

//Adding Logo
PDFPilotObject.PDFPAGE_ShowImage(
PDFPilotObject.AddImageFromFile("Image Location"), //ImageName
10, //X Position
30, //Y Position
148, //Width
40, //Height
0);

intY_Position = PDFPilotObject.PDFPAGE_CurrentTextPositionY;

PDFPilotObject.EndDocument();
in above example, when using intY_Position after printing text, it returns the current cursor location, but when I tried to use it after adding image, it returns 0.
So in that case, is there any method or property available to know the current position or to know the used area of the current page???

Vitaliy Shibaev
# Posted: 8 May 2008 01:05

Hi,

Thank you for your letter!
Interesting trouble, I don't think about such inconvenience. In pdf there are different page modes and coordinate spaces (graphics, text, images e.t.c.) and current text position make sense only in text mode. These details as hidden as possible, but in this place it is unfortunately opaque for user (after switching in the image mode text parameters reset) I think we improve this place in the next release. And now I recommend you to divide work with text, graphics and images.

Best regards,
Vitaliy Shibaev
Two Pilots

Shravan
# Posted: 12 May 2008 04:35

k...I tried using one global variable...assigning current position and image height to it..
lets say..
intY_Position = PDFPilotObject.PDFPAGE_CurrentTextPositionY;
//then add the image
//get the image height using image object.
intY_Position += imageHeight;

Its working fine!
By the way...thnx for your concern!