Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / Possible to Duplicate the virtual printer driver
Sven
# Posted: 18 May 2008 04:05

Hi everyone,

we got a problem, we have to duplicate our virtual printer driver to get our solution to work in our company, is it possible?

Regards

Sven

Artem
# Posted: 18 May 2008 22:28

Hello Sven,

Yes, it is possible.

You can use the printer with your applications without any additional fees. We do not charge any consecutive royalties.

Best regards,

Artem Golubnichenko
Two Pilots

Sven
# Posted: 19 May 2008 03:30

Hello Artem,

thanks for the quick reply, and now the technical part :) we want to use the driver twice times on the same server, we tried to install the setup also twice times, but nothing changed, can you help me out, how is that possible.

Regards

Sven

Artem
# Posted: 19 May 2008 04:42

Hi Sven,

Sorry, perhaps, I misunderstood your question ...

Please describe in more detail, what you are doing and why.

Best regards,

Artem Golubnichenko
Two Pilots

Sven
# Posted: 19 May 2008 07:26

Hi Artem,

no problem :)
well, with a third party software we print docs and with the virtual printer, we generate tiffs.
We wrote software which copy the files which was generate from the printer into a special folders, using the redirect functionallity and reading the ini files. But now stuck intos a problem, with the third party software it was not possible to generate special document name while printing, so it says allways "stawikon.tif" nothing more, so it is not possible using our redirect software, to select what kind of doc it is, and where to copy.

So we thought, if we could duplicate the the printer also the port on the same server, we could can help us out stucking into that stupid problem.

I hope you understand my problem, it is a little bit wirred but...maybe to have tipps our tricks to help us out.

Regards

Sven

Thanks for the quick help

Artem
# Posted: 19 May 2008 11:09

Hi Sven,

Who is the initiator of the printing? Your or the third party software?

If you are initiator, can try to save ID document before printing , and then its use after printing.

If the third party software initiates printing directly, you should write to developers of third party software, and ask them to do the correct name.

Best regards,

Artem Golubnichenko
Two Pilots