Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / PDF Library 4.0 and 4.1 on Vista
mackie
# Posted: 17 Sep 2008 02:01

When I install the library on Vista, everything seems to work fine. The installation completes without any error messages.

When I enter Visual Studio (2005) and tries to locate the COM-library in Add Reference, I cannot find it. So I tried another thing... Installing the library as Administrator, same thing here, no error messages, entering my IDE, and cannot find it.

But, If I enter IDE as Administrator, it's there in Add Reference... Why??

Also, when compiling my software and runs it. I get the error message "Unable to run the application. The Application that assembly Interop.PDFCreatorPilotLib Version 1.0.0.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first".

Again, when running my compiled software as Administrator, it works. Why do I have to run everything as Administrator?? I cannot publish my program to our users and for them to run it as Administrators... My IT-department will go mad!!

mvf
# Posted: 17 Sep 2008 03:52

You just need to install PDF Creator Pilot as administrator on Vista, everything else should run ok.
Try please this test:
- install PDF Creator Pilot as administrator
- find samples folder in "My DocumentsPDF Creator Samples" directory
- launch HelloPDF.vbs from the "VBScript" folder (not as administrator)

If the script run ok then all components are installed correctly and everything is working fine. Tell me please about results.

--
Max Filimonov