Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / Virtual Printer Pilot - Job ID question
gioannidis
# Posted: 8 May 2009 09:21

Hello,

We have observed the following:
When we send multiple print jobs to VP (for example over 300), the jobID goes up to id#: 255 and then starts again from id#: 1.

When that happens, if we haven't had the chance to process the initial job-id#1 (or any other ones) before it gets over-written, the file gets lost.

Is there anyway we can increase (programmatically or a change in the registry) the max job id (instead of 255, to maybe 1000 or more)?
Or maybe we could change the job id generated number to something more meaningful, for example HHmmid (HH=hour -24hr format, mm=minute, id=job id). <-- (Preferred solution)

Thanks for your time.

Stanislav
# Posted: 19 May 2009 05:06

Solved on the issue tracker.

Best regards,
Stanislav
Two Pilots

Kris King
# Posted: 5 Jun 2009 17:15

"Solved on the issue tracker." Can you clarify your response? Does this mean there's a solution available somewhere else on this site, or you've made an update to the virtual printer driver?

I'm still developing our software to work with the virtual printer driver, but we'll definitely have occasions where we'll exceed 255 print jobs in a batch. I just figured it would roll over at 9999.

Thanks for your help.
Kris King

Stanislav
# Posted: 6 Jun 2009 00:22

Deer Kris,

Yes, we've made an update to the virtual printer driver.

Please contact us using our support form
http://www.colorpilot.com/support.php
and i'll rebuild the driver for you.

Best regards,
Stanislav
Two Pilots

gioannidis
# Posted: 2 Sep 2009 06:48 · Edited by: gioannidis

Dear Stanislav,

I have just been handed over the module for testing, and it still doesn't brake the 255 job-ids barrier.

Thanks for your time
George Ioannidis

Stanislav
# Posted: 7 Sep 2009 08:55

Dear George,

Please contact us using our support form:
http://www.colorpilot.com/support.php

Best regards,
Stanislav
Two Pilots