Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / Other products and questions / screenshot pilot: did winxp hotfixes break it?
poushag
# Posted: 17 Apr 2007 15:01

I run winxp sp2 on a 2 month old dell laptop for my new job. Screenshot Pilot 1.4.6 was working fine until today after i installed the latest hotfixes

Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB931784) Tuesday, April 17, 2007 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB931261) Tuesday, April 17, 2007 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB930178) Tuesday, April 17, 2007 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB932168) Tuesday, April 17, 2007 Automatic Updates

Could these have broken it?

Katrin
# Posted: 21 Apr 2007 12:45

What is happening when you run Screenshot Pilot?
Please try to reinstall the program.

Sincerely,
Katerina Zhdanova

poushag
# Posted: 23 Apr 2007 08:22

I actually reinstalled before I even posted here. Same result. The program runs but will not capture.

Katrin
# Posted: 27 Apr 2007 07:17

Please make sure that the "To Document" button is inserted.
Could you please send us error.exe from program folder.

You can use our online form to send us a file: http://www.colorpilot.com/support.html.

Sincerely,
Katerina Zhdanova

poushag
# Posted: 27 Apr 2007 12:56

just sent the error log

Katrin
# Posted: 3 May 2007 08:47

Errol log didn't provide to us the data required for error recovery.
Please try to correct Options settings : Delay, Immediate Capture.

Sincerely,
Katerina Zhdanova

poushag
# Posted: 4 May 2007 16:11

The options are already set that way. I hear the application beep when I hit F11 but no images show up in the app window.

poushag
# Posted: 10 May 2007 08:43

I apologize. Capture is now OK. I discovered that the "To Document" button was inadvertently toggled off. After I started having problems with capturing, I was only looking in the options dialogs and other drop-down menu items for misapplied settings. It is customary in user interface to have all GUI functions available in the drop-down menus in one way or another. I would like to suggest that this be done for Screenshot Pilot (and all other software you make that has GUI). For SSP, the entire "Page Tools" toolbar and all of the "Main" toolbar except "open" "save as" and "print" are missing from the drop down menus. Please advise here if you intend to add these items to the drop-down menus. Thanks for your consideration.

One other suggestion: Please add some logic to the functions for "To Document", "To Disk", and "To Clipboard" such that at least one of the three must be selected or else a pop-up warning will notify the user of the same. Foolproofing the user interface is always a good thing.

Katrin
# Posted: 11 May 2007 02:22

Thank you!
We will consider your wishes and add these functions in the next versions.

Sincerely,
Katerina Zhdanova