Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / Digital photo software / Issue when importing data into Exif Pilot.
Lucato
# Posted: 10 Feb 2012 14:22 · Edited by: Lucato

When importing an Excel data on images that have already the data, it doesn't get overwrite the info (I'm using the plug-in to do in batch).

So, when I select from the menu: Import/Export, Import EXIF/IPTC from MS Excel and select the file, it shows that is loading all data but doesn't overwrite/update the info loaded.

Besides that, I tried to clean the IPTC data, it cleaned all, but when loading the new data file, it kept the old data. Very weird!

It seems that when kept open the excel file also, it causes such issue.

Lucato
# Posted: 10 Feb 2012 15:41

Yes, I did a test again, and that was the problem. I can`t save the file and keep the Excel file opened and import the file into ExifPilot that won't replace the data. It is needed to close the excel file even if it was saved to get to import ok into ExifPilot.

Artem
# Posted: 11 Feb 2012 07:49

Hello Lucato,

Yes, you are right. For importing data you need to close the excel file even if it was saved.

--
Best regards,
Artem Golubnichenko

Two Pilots
http://www.colorpilot.com