Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / Digital photo software / Does "add to current time" also change the date?
BP
# Posted: 4 Oct 2007 00:07

Hello,

I am interested in batch editing the EXIF data in jpg files from the current local date/ timestamp to that of the UTC by adding (in my case) 4 hours to the DateTime/DateTimeOriginal/DateTimeDigitized categories. I am trying to figure out if your software is capable of adding the hours while recognizing and changing the date when the addition of hours passes into the next day. For example: In the case of photos taken after 8pm local time, the addition of 4 hours to coincide with UTC time would also require the date to change to reflect the transition into the next day.

Original timestamp: 10/03/2007 20:33:05 Desired timestamp: 10/04/2007 00:33:05

Will the "add to current time" option only change the time irrespective of the date, or will it realize the transition past 12am and also change the date?

I plan on batch processing large quantities of jpg files, so having the program be able to do it automatically, without filtering for files taken past 8pm before batch editing, is highly desirable.

Artem
# Posted: 4 Oct 2007 02:15

Hello,

> Will the "add to current time" option only change the time irrespective of
> the date,
> or will it realize the transition past 12am and also change the date?

The program will realize the transition past 12am and also change the date.

Best regards,

Artem Golubnichenko
Two Pilots