Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / Digital photo software / Exif import & export
Nikhil Ramkarran
# Posted: 8 Jan 2008 08:16

I would like to export exif data from raw files and import it into the jpeg conversions, but when I try to import I get an error message:

Error: file cannot be found!
C:UsersNikhilPicturesEiripan Christmas 2007IMGP2682.PEF cannot be found!
Done.
Import completed.

There are several further lines of errors, for example:
The tag /Exif/Image/ImageWidth,3936 cannot be imported
The tag /Exif/Image/ImageLength,2624 cannot be imported
The tag /Exif/Image/RowsPerStrip,2624 cannot be imported
The tag /Exif/Image/ImageWidth,160 cannot be imported

This happens regardless of the type of export I use (xml, csv).

Artem
# Posted: 8 Jan 2008 11:01

Dear Nikhil,

Initially, you had a file named IMGP2682.PEF (extension PEF). After converting his name IMGP2682.JPG (extension JPG). Yes?

The program is trying to import EXIF in IMGP2682.PEF file because this name appears in the csv(xls, xml) file.

What program do you use - Exif Pilot or Exif Pilot Pro?

Best regards,

Artem Golubnichenko
Two Pilots

Nikhil Ramkarran
# Posted: 8 Jan 2008 12:25

I use Exif Pilot Pro (purchased today).

You are correct, I exported the exif from IMGP2682.PEF and was trying to import it to IMGP2682.JPG.

Adobe Photoshop strips off exif information when it does the RAW conversion, so I am trying to restore the information by exporting from the PEF file and re-importing into the JPG file.

Is this possible?

Artem
# Posted: 8 Jan 2008 12:49

Hello,

> Is this possible?

Yes!

You can use 2 version exports:
1) When batch export EXIF and IPTC information is recorded in a single file, i.e. in a single file will contain information on multiple images.
2) When batch export EXIF and IPTC information is recorded in separate files, i.e. for each image is created separate file.
After one of the two kinds of exports could benefit from imports. You have the opportunity to ask themselves which of the two types of export/import to use in the program. For this, you will cause a dialogue settings "Options" from the main menu item Tools-> Options tab, go to Settings and select the option under "Export and import EXIF."

In your case you need to use the second version of exports and imports. In this method, there is no checking line names. To do this, you need to remove the tick in settings in the checkbox "Export / import to / from single file"

Artem Golubnichenko
Two Pilots

Nikhil Ramkarran
# Posted: 8 Jan 2008 13:55

Thank you. It worked beautifully.

Artem
# Posted: 8 Jan 2008 22:04

Hello Nikhil,

I'm glad I could help.

Artem Golubnichenko
Two Pilots