Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / Form filler/maker software / New version of Form Pilot for Mac (1.21)
Oleg Svirgstin
# Posted: 10 Apr 2007 10:29

Dear users!

Please, take a look at our new version (1.21, current release since the 9th of April), and tell us what could be added or improved to make it better suit your needs.

New in the new version:

1. Occasionally Form Pilot failed to properly open multi-page documents, it has been fixed.
2. Unexpected blank pages were added to print outs, not any more.
3. Multi-line alignment issues have been cured
4. Page set up problems have gone
5. Text fields did not accept characters with diacritical marks, now they do
6. One-step export into a graphic file has been added, with most of popular graphic formats supported
7. Number of pages in documents is now user controllable

Best regards
Oleg
Mac Team at Two Pilots Software

DisneyMom98
# Posted: 28 Apr 2007 14:32

We are considering using this as adaptive software for my son who has handwriting difficulties to complete worksheets. Right now he is using an old version of ScanSoft on a Visioneer Scanner on the PC. I want a mac OS X software that will do the same.

We tried PdF Pen but this was cumbersome for our needs. Form Pilot seems much easier and might suit our needs.

One thing that would make things much nice - a icon for rotating pages (in 90 degree increments clockwise and counterclockwise) that are scanned in sideways or upside down. This would be a drastic improvement

Oleg Svirgstin
# Posted: 28 Apr 2007 14:58

A nice idea: I will make it into the nearest release of Form Pilot.

Thanks!

DisneyMom98
# Posted: 28 Apr 2007 17:08

Thanks for the prompt feedback. I scanned a 3 page document with my Canon Scanner and opened it in FormPilot and got a six page document with every other page blank.

I am trying to work out the logistics of using such a software for a 7-year old in school with the help of aids and teachers who arent super good with computers. Right Now I am using a Canon Lide scanner with CanoScan toolbox to scan to a pdf file and then use Form Pilot to open it specifying Form Pilot as an external software. This seems to work relatively well except the everyother blank page.

Any thoughts? I cant get my son onto a Mac at school until I get software working that will meet his needs and can be run by the teachers and assistants.

Oleg Svirgstin
# Posted: 29 Apr 2007 01:59

Hi DisneyMom98,

Form Pilot automatically adjusts the number of pages to cover all content of its documents. Often forms have some blank space around that gets accumulated into the printout as blank pages. Alternative behavior would sometimes result in never printing a portion of the document content.

Current rule is very simple: Form Pilot always provides (and prints out) the minimal number of pages to contain all of the user data added to a document, both vertically and horizontally.

While editing a document, the user may see the page boundaries. It is possible to change the number of pages by moving the elements around, by resizing the elements of the content or by changing parameters of Page Setup.

It is probably too hard for a 7 years old person. I will look for a simpler solution (say, in many cases it would be enough to limit printing to only the leftmost pages, however there are some caveats on that way).

Best regards
Oleg

Oleg Svirgstin
# Posted: 30 Apr 2007 07:33

Hi DisneyMom98,

Form Pilot automatically adjusts the number of pages to cover all content of its documents. Often forms have some blank space around that gets accumulated into the printout as blank pages. Alternative behavior would sometimes result in never printing a portion of the document content.

Current rule is very simple: Form Pilot always provides (and prints out) the minimal number of pages to contain all of the user data added to a document, both vertically and horizontally.

While editing a document, the user may see the page boundaries. It is possible to change the number of pages by moving the elements around, by resizing the elements of the content or by changing parameters of Page Setup.

It is probably too hard for a 7 years old person. I will look for a simpler solution (say, in many cases it would be enough to limit printing to only the leftmost pages, however there are some caveats on that way).

Best regards
Oleg

Anonymous
# Posted: 16 Dec 2008 23:08

Hi, I am trying to locate Oleg Svirgstin, and I have found his name in this forum. If anyone knows Oleg, can you please ask him to contact Teena in Australia?

Many thanks!
Teena