Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / Converters / HTML2PDF - avoid launching the application in comm
Saminathan
# Posted: 10 Mar 2005 14:49

Hi,

I have tested Your HTML2PDF tool. This tool is pretty good.
Actually our requirement is to convert HTML file (Report) to pdf file and send it as
attachment to the employee mail Id. This is to be done in sql server (command line option : MASTER..XP_CMDSHELL ). This process need to be repeated for the given range of employees.

I tried this tool in DOS command with the following command.
doc2pdf.exe /nogui "D:\Documents\report.html" /outfile "D:\Output\report.pdf".
It is generating pdf file. But after generating, the command line utility launches the converter tool and close down. My question is "Is there any option to avoid launching the application?" because we have to continuously execute the tool in command line option one by one for each employee.

One more clarification.. while opeing converted PDF file.. i am getting message "unable to extract the embedded font Times New roman. Some characters may not display or print correctly"...

Thanks in advance....

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
# Posted: 14 Mar 2005 21:37

Is there any option to avoid launching the application?
Unfortunately no. But you may create some HTML files and convert it's all simultaneously by using /indir switch.

One more clarification.. while opeing converted PDF file.. i am getting message "unable to extract the embedded font Times New roman. Some characters may not display or print correctly"...

We'll fix it in the next version.