Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / Converters / Is CHM2HTML conversion affected by Help System cor
mjrcolorpilot
# Posted: 13 Dec 2005 19:10

My CHM help system on my computer is not working. Does this affect the operation of the CHM2HTML program?

Further explanation follows:

When I try to open a CHM file directly by double-clicking on it, I get a Windows Help system error message saying, "Cannot open the file: mk@MSITStore:<name of the file here>."

I've tried in vain to repair the help system. In any case, my question is, does this affect your CHM2HTML program?

Ravil
# Posted: 13 Dec 2005 19:23 · Edited by: Ravil

Yes.
What version of Windows installed on your PC?
I hope this file solve your problem.

mjrcolorpilot
# Posted: 13 Dec 2005 20:44

I'm using Windows XP Professional SP2.

Unfortunately, the file you provided does not correct the issue. And, I have previously tried to update the Help System in the same manner, among other more technical approaches. It looks like I'm really going to have to re-install the entire computer just to fix the Windows XP Help system. Can't help it; can't ignore the problem anymore.

Are bugaboos like this the reason Pro Wrestling was invented? I think so. Maybe I'll actually force myself to endure a match and render myself stressfully relieved. I wonder what it feels like to smash a folding chair onto someone's back? Personally, I think it would be hard to let go of the guilt.

Wow, after 3 months, I think I'm having a fit. :-) At least on this issue.

Just to confirm, is CHM2HTML dependent on the Windows Help system in order to successfully complete its file conversions?

Ravil
# Posted: 13 Dec 2005 21:48

Yes. CHM2HTML is dependent on the Windows Help system.

mjrcolorpilot
# Posted: 14 Dec 2005 18:41

All joking aside, the CHM2HTML program has worked beautifully for me. Since I can not access CHM help files on my computer, I installed it on another computer with a working CHM help system and then converted the needed help files to HTML for use on my own computer. For now, this temporary work-around is a terrific answer.

The program has a teriffically simple and useable interface. Thanks for the help.