Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / Converters / Document2PDF Commandline doesn't work in Win 2003?
BryanS
# Posted: 5 Feb 2007 07:27

I can not seem to get the command line to work in Windows Server 2003. It acts like it is converting the document, but no messages are returned - nor is a file generated.

BryanS
# Posted: 5 Feb 2007 07:55

After review - when trying to convert a doc file, the process hangs and never generates a file. When I try to convert a xls file it generates a blank document. A txt file is processed fine. Thoughts?

FYI: I have uninstalled the prior version - rebooted - installed the newest version - rebooted.

mvf
# Posted: 5 Feb 2007 08:31

I can not seem to get the command line to work in Windows Server 2003. It acts like it is converting the document, but no messages are returned - nor is a file generated.
Document2PDF Pilot does not return any messages, it returns error code. You can view it a different ways. For example in cmd/batch file (file test.cmd):
rem === begin ===
Document2PDF_Pilot.exe /inlist "in.txt" /outdir "d:"
echo %errorlevel%
rem === end ===

mvf
# Posted: 5 Feb 2007 08:33

After review - when trying to convert a doc file, the process hangs and never generates a file. When I try to convert a xls file it generates a blank document. A txt file is processed fine. Thoughts?

It hangs in command line mode or both? Can we see you xls and doc files (you can send us a web link to the documents)?

BryanS
# Posted: 5 Feb 2007 08:49

Thanks for the quick reply. The xls file came back with a -26 "MS Excel has risen an exception".

The doc file (which just contains one sentance - this is a test) never came back with a code - the process hung.

Both files work fine if done using the gui - but i can not use the gui for production because its an automated process.

Thanks!

mvf
# Posted: 14 Feb 2007 07:34

What is the MS Office vesion?
Can I see the XLS file?