Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / Converters / HTML2PDF converts in XP, not Windows Server 2003
Matthew Shear
# Posted: 9 Jun 2009 15:30

I am using Color Pilot 4.3 and HTML2PDF 4.0.65. I installed the software on my local machine and developed a page that uses the HTMLTOPDF LoadHTMLFile method to import an HTML file. All works well. However, when I copied my code to our Windows 2003 Server, the code hangs on the LoadHTMLFile method. It loads indefintely but never generates a PDF. If I remove the LoadHTMLFile method then the PDF is generated (blank, of course). Any ideas on what I need to do to make my code Server 2003 compliant?

Anastasiya
# Posted: 11 Jun 2009 01:38

All info has been forwarded to our developer.

Vasya
# Posted: 23 Sep 2009 02:29

I have the same problem, that pdf loads indefinitely on win2003.
But rarely it loads (took much more time than on winXP ), but doesn't show png images (the same images in gif and jpeg is ok)

On windows XP all works perfect.

max.f
# Posted: 24 Sep 2009 14:07

It happens with all HTML files? No matter how large/small it is? Or it happens with only some files?

--
Max Filimonov,
max.f@colorpilot.org

Vasya
# Posted: 25 Sep 2009 02:36

About png: I made a html file with png image and some text and converted it with "html testing utility". The result was a page with text and rectangle with light gray background (same size as image) .

About indefinitely loading:
When I convert document first time it works ok, but the second time it begins to loading and doesn't stop. Then I need some time to wait to begin converting again. It seems something blocking proccess of converting.

(My ordinary document is ~20kb html & ~100kb css & images)

Vasya
# Posted: 25 Sep 2009 03:03

Problem with indefinitely loading appears when i convert urls (if I'm not mistaken there are no problems with converting (except png images) the same files saved in html)

max.f
# Posted: 25 Sep 2009 10:06

Well it is strange. Thanks for report, we'll test converting with URLs.
Tell me please what is the version of the Internet Explorer installed?

--
Max Filimonov,
max.f@colorpilot.org

Vasya
# Posted: 27 Sep 2009 22:59

Internet Explorer 7.0. I'll send you a letter with description of the problem with source html files. I find yesterday that appearing of this bug depends on html code or images.

Anastasiya
# Posted: 2 Oct 2009 12:24

The answer was sent you by mail.

Testwork
# Posted: 31 Jan 2011 02:59

Hello All,

I am also facing similar type of issue with the PNG images. I am dynamically generating html content and saving into a temporary html file. Then I am converting pdf using that html file. I am using command line for doing this. But in the generated PDF, I find that the PNG images are not rendered whereas the other images(jpg/gif) are being rendered fine. I have checked for any image source related issue but found everything ok. Please provide me with some solution.

2nd: The another problem I am facing is with the font. I am trying to import external font through css. In the html I can cee that the fonts are rendered correctly, but it is not rendered in the PDF. Its not supporting font import(I suppose). Any Idea, how can I achieve this?

max.f
# Posted: 31 Jan 2011 07:37

Please send us a minimal test HTML file (with problem PNG and imported font). We'll try to test it.

--
Max Filimonov