Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / Converters / Can't convert HTML to PDF with SVG image
Giulioski
# Posted: 11 Jan 2010 04:23

Hi, using HTML2PDF 2.16.95 I can't convert a HTML document with an SVG image.

I saved the svg from illustrator as version 1.2 Tiny as compressed svg.

Is there a solution?

max.f
# Posted: 11 Jan 2010 07:27

Hello,
HTML2PDF Pilot will show SVG picture in a PDF if your Internet Explorer can show it.
I just tried to open a web page with a SVG image in it and my IE8 (and IE7) did not show the SVG picture. Maybe IE needs some plug-ins to show SVG, maybe something else... The point is if your IE shows web page correctly then converter should do correct PDF.

--
Max Filimonov,
max.f@colorpilot.org

Giulioski
# Posted: 11 Jan 2010 08:24

I converted the html file with the application and not the IE plugin, apart this it is correctly visible within Opera.

max.f
# Posted: 11 Jan 2010 08:59

Let me explain. HTML2PDF Pilot uses Internet Explorer engine to convert HTML file to a set of GDI calls (EMF) and then converts it to a PDF. So if your web page looks good in IE then it will be ok in PDF.

--
Max Filimonov,
max.f@colorpilot.org

Giulioski
# Posted: 11 Jan 2010 09:45

Thank you, I installed the Adobe SVG viewer and I can see the html page correctly in IE 8. ActiveX is always accepted so to ensure maximum compatibility. I can print it from IE and it's ok. If I convert it from the application it isn't showed within the converted PDF and there's only an empty place.

max.f
# Posted: 11 Jan 2010 10:25

Can you please send us the image sample and the link where did you get SVG viewer? We'll test it.

--
Max Filimonov,
max.f@colorpilot.org

Giulioski
# Posted: 11 Jan 2010 11:04

Hi I sent you an email with simple examples.

the official Adobe viewer can be downloaded at
http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/

there are several 3rd party plugins for IE on google.

Additional info for How do I embed an SVG image in an HTML page? could be found here
http://wiki.svg.org/SVG_and_HTML

Giulioski
# Posted: 11 Jan 2010 11:13

By the way, to avoid active x block on internet explorer:

Start Internet Explorer. From Tools menu choose Internet Options... Then select Advanced tab. Find and check the row "Allow active content to run in files on MyComputer". This row is in Security chapter.

max.f
# Posted: 14 Jan 2010 11:46

Internet options are not a problem in this case. The problem is that IE never draw ActiveX contents, IE always waits when ActiveX control would draw itself and this couldn't be done in HTML2PDF Add-on. So, unfortunately, there is no way to have Flash, SVG and other ActiveX controls to be drawn in HTML2PDF Add-on...

--
Max Filimonov,
max.f@colorpilot.org