Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / Virtual printer driver WM_COPYDATA problem WinXP
Ales
# Posted: 28 Jul 2011 05:18

We're having problems with VirtualPrinterDriver when using it with windows XP. When the virtual printer driver cals our client it looks like the WM_COPYDATA is not sent OR is sent before the aplication is started.

The problem occurs only on the first print (when client is not running)! If client is running WM_COPYDATA is corectly sent.

This is ONLY WindowsXP problem! On Vista and Win7 everything is working as it should.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks!

Ales

Anonymous
# Posted: 28 Jul 2011 06:37

Dear Ales.

Please, create "c:/tmp/" directory and try to print. After printing send "c:/tmp/log" file to the malizia@colorpilot.org .

Regards,
Renat.

Ales
# Posted: 29 Jul 2011 04:27

I've sent you log file. I noticed that there is an error with "can't find target window". It looks like WM_COPYDATA is sent before the client aplication is started therefore there is no such target window.

Anonymous
# Posted: 30 Jul 2011 11:31

Does your application is started on the first printing? If yes, try to increase value
"Timeout", REG_DWORD in "{HKLM/HKCU}/Software/printer_name/" hive. By default timeout is 5000ms. Try to set it to 10000ms.

Regards,
Renat.

salesky
# Posted: 31 Jul 2011 05:19

Yes application is started on the first print.

I've entered "Timeout" but it's still not working. Log msg is the same "can't find target window". :((

Can I try anything else?? One solution would be to autostart aplication on windows startup, but this is the last resort.

Anonymous
# Posted: 1 Aug 2011 05:25

Please, send to me screenshot or snapshot of you registry settings.

Regards,
Renat.

Anonymous
# Posted: 1 Aug 2011 22:52

And where you are set "Timeout" value? I can't find it.

Add reg value "Timeout",REG_DWORD, to the "HKLM/Software/PrintBOX/" hive and set it to 10000.

Regards,
Renat.

salesky
# Posted: 2 Aug 2011 02:17

I already deleted it, because it didn't work.

salesky
# Posted: 8 Aug 2011 04:11

Anything new? Is there any chance of resolving this bug??

Anonymous
# Posted: 8 Aug 2011 09:26

if you tell me how to reproduce this bug I'll try to fix it. Can you send to me your app?

Regards,
Renat.

salesky
# Posted: 9 Aug 2011 01:41

You can reproduce this bug with your demonstrating virtual print client on your page. All you have to do is configure it to work with "WM_COPYDATA mode" and not with "Command line transfer mode"

http://www.colorpilot.com/emfprinterpilot.html

Anonymous
# Posted: 9 Aug 2011 06:34

I've tested it on XP sp2 and no problems.

Regards,
Renat.

salesky
# Posted: 17 Aug 2011 02:54

Ok, I will check if i have all the service packs installed.

salesky
# Posted: 17 Aug 2011 02:59

I have another problem. How can i set utf-8 encoding for document name? If document name has "č??đ" it displays square. The FillInfo() function returns strange characters.

I tried to set "sb.Append(Encoding.ASCII.GetChars(bytebuf));" to Encoding.UTF8 but with no luck.

Do you have any Idea?

salesky
# Posted: 17 Aug 2011 03:01

We also need to display cyrillic alphabet.

salesky
# Posted: 18 Aug 2011 11:00

I created new topic for unicode problem.

admin
Admin
# Posted: 22 Aug 2011 05:45

This question was answered here:
http://www.colorpilot.com/forum/index.php?action=v thread&forum=36&topic=1130