Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / Digital photo software / Lucato ideas for ExifPilot.
Lucato
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 00:04 · Edited by: Lucato

Hi Two Pilots team, thanks for the great Free tool! Inspite of I bought the plug-in. :0)
Anyway, here I'll post all my ideas/needs that come while using Exif Pilot Free 4.4.0 or newer:

1) Options/Customize Columns tab:
a) In this tab we would have all suspended list sorted alphabetically (In ALL/XMP/...) or options to select how want to sort it. So hard to try to find what we want.
b) Also would have a find/search input field to get to find the column name we want to, with next button to search next.

2) Options/Customized Export:
a) It should have a check box:
[ ] use customized columns/customized list.
So, if checked will discard the "Customized list of tags in Export" and will export the columns that shows in the Customized columns (main interface). If unchecked (default), will export the "Customized list of tags in Export".
b) On the right side "Customized list of tags in Export" should have a delete button to delete the selected tag instead of going on left side that have the multiple ones and you don`t get to figure which one is the one you want to delete when having the same name.

3) Edit EXIF/IPTC:
When editing such info, the form should have all fields as we have the columns in the "Customize Columns".

For example when Editing IPTC general I don't have KEYWORDS, CATEGORIES,etc.

4) Main interface (Customized columns):
It would be cool to have some shortcuts as:
> CTRL+A to select all files also right click/select all;
> CTRL+E to edit the file (Have a option in the settings/option when double clicking on the file sect to Edit IPCT, Open in Editor, Open in Preview, etc). For me I would prefer double click and edit IPCT

5) Main interface (Status bar):
It would have status bar to show how many files we have in the preview list (total) and if a group is selected, how many are selected.

6) Main interface (actions):
a.) As we have already in the RMB the option Delete, it should allow the shortcut when pressing the key delete.
b.) When deleting one file, it should refresh the list and exclude what was deleted;
c.) When selecting multiple files, it should allow to delete all selected files and after that refresh the list removing what was deleted.;

7) coming soon...

Anonymous
# Posted: 26 Jan 2012 00:11

Hello Lucato,

OK, thank you for the your proposal. We'll add it to our todo list. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

--
Best regards,
Artem Golubnichenko

Two Pilots
http://www.colorpilot.com

Lucato
# Posted: 8 Feb 2012 01:33 · Edited by: Lucato

Hi Artem, thanks.

So, here continues the list...

7) Main interface (Customized columns):
- When right clicking on the file would have the option RENAME to get to rename the file;
- On the left side (Tree) or right side (Customized columns) it would refresh when pressing F5.

8) coming soon..

Artem
# Posted: 8 Feb 2012 02:12

Hi Lucato,

Thank you for the using our program and for your proposals.

--
Best regards,
Artem Golubnichenko

Two Pilots

Lucato
# Posted: 9 Feb 2012 23:32 · Edited by: Lucato

You're welcome. Btw, have you alread bookmarked this thread in your favorites? :0) Just kidding.

Continuing...

8) Tools/Options/Settings tab:
- In the settings tab we should have a checkbox or a dropdow list to opt the action when double clicking on the file. So I would have the options to pick:
- Edit Exif/IPCT (Should be Default);
- Preview large image;
- Open in assigned editor;
- Rename filepath;

9) Opening software
When using more than one monitor, if I close the software from the 3rd monitor for example, next time I open the software it should open in the latest position and monitor I left, and it isn't happening. It always open in the main monitor.

10) Tools menu
- Exif pilot would have a tool to find&replace withing the wished column/field. So, I would search for some text and replace all at once in the entire folder;

11) coming soon..

dmtoddma
# Posted: 21 Jul 2012 10:06

It may seem like a small thing, but having a "refresh" button for the file list is quite important for my workflow. I work back and forth between Lightroom and EP to edit dates on scanned images. After changes have been made in LR, EP has to be refreshed to show those changes, which means selecting a different directory in EP, returning to the original directory, and locating the file I was working on again. To make it most efficient, the refresh should return the cursor to the same file in the list after the refresh.

A related issue for me would be that when Exif Pilot is called as an editor from Lightroom, it would not only load Exif Pilot with the appropriate directory (which it does) but would also place the cursor on the specific file that was selected when EP was called.

David

Artem
# Posted: 22 Jul 2012 14:27

Hello David,

Thanks for the proposal. We think it is a good idea. Thanks.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

--
Best regards,
Artem Golubnichenko
Two Pilots