Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / Virtual Printer Driver on Vista and Citrix
Tiberiu Molnar
# Posted: 19 Mar 2008 06:41 · Edited by: Tiberiu Molnar

Hello,

We used with success a custom virtual printer driver (waters image writer), but now we got a problem when we want to deploy the printer on Vista and Citrix. On Citrix we use Windows XP.

The installer doesn't recognize the Windows version and refuses to install. The agent will not work.

On Citrix we encounter also problems with our current version. We downloaded the newest version but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Can you advice what we can do? Do you have a solution on these platforms?
Any help would be highly appreciated!
Thank you!

Artem
# Posted: 19 Mar 2008 11:10

Hello Tiberiu,

Current version "Waters Image Writer" doesn't support Windows Vista. You may upgrade to Windows Vista. If you would like to update the printer, please contact us via our on-line form http://www.colorpilot.com/emfprinter_contact.html

We never tested our printers with Citrix products.

> We downloaded the newest version but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Did you download demo printer "Your Virtual Printer Example" ?

Artem Golubnichenko
Two Pilots

Tiberiu Molnar
# Posted: 19 Mar 2008 11:53 · Edited by: Tiberiu Molnar

Hi Artem
and thank you for the quick answer.
I'll contact you for the upgrade.

On Citrix I get the message "The Your Virtual Printer Driver was not found. Please reboot the computer or reinstall the application" when a published application prints to the printer. This virtual printers works ok if it is used from a published Desktop.
E.g. :
- I start a session on Citrix having a complete desktop. Start Word, print -> it will work.
- start Word (which is published on Citrix), print -> it will not work returning the above error message.
Do you have any documentation about installing the virtual printer on Citrix?

Regards,
Tiberiu Molnar

Artem
# Posted: 20 Mar 2008 09:25

Hi Tiberiu,

No, we don't have documentation about installing the virtual printer on Citrix. Unfortunately I never have worked on Citrix.

Artem Golubnichenko
Two Pilots

Tiberiu Molnar
# Posted: 20 Mar 2008 09:52

Ok. Thank you!
I'll let you know if I find a solution.
regards,
Tiberiu Molnar

Anonymous
# Posted: 20 May 2010 09:30

Hello Tiberiu / Artem,

Did you ever find a solution of using the virtual printer on Citryx environment ?

Regards,
Jorge S?nchez

Stanislav
# Posted: 21 May 2010 07:37

Hello,

Please read our FAQ entry here: http://www.colorpilot.com/emfprinterpilot_faq.html #15

Best regards,
Stanislav
Two Pilots