- I need to fix photos from old books. When I scan the photos in the book I get a moiré pattern which I want to remove. Does Retouch Pilot solve this issue?
- I cannot find Retouch Pilot as a Photoshop plug in.
- Can I install Retouch Pilot as a plug-in for Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 x64 ?
- If I use Retouch Pilot as a standalone program, will I be able to open, correct and save 16bit TIFF files?
- When I start Retouch Pilot plug-in from Adobe Photoshop, I get the error: “Execute application “” error 123″.
- Why is the size of the “Scratch Eraser” tool much smaller than in the demo example?
Retouch Pilot can’t automatically remove moiré. To get a good result in graphic editors, a lot depends on a person’s artistic skills. Whether the artist will like the tools built into the Retouch Pilot depends on his preferences. The Retouch Pilot program contains several editing tools of images. There are demo examples for each editing tool. It is recommended to view the demo to learn how it works with each tool, and then repeat these steps manually.
Normally the plug-in is installed automatically in Adobe Photoshop. You can run the plug-in from the Filter | Two Pilots… menu. If you don’t see Retouch Pilot plug-in in the Filter menu, try to add it manually:
1. Close your Adobe Photoshop if it is open.
2. Find the directory where your Adobe Photoshop plug-ins are stored on your computer (typically, “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 6.0\Plug-Ins\”).
3. Go to “C:\Program Files\Retouch Pilot” and find there the file “RetouchPilotPlugin64.8bf”.
4. Copy this file to the Adobe Photoshop plug-ins folder.
Retouch Pilot is not installed automatically in Adobe Photoshop Elements 15. You can intall it manually:
1. Close Adobe Photoshop Elements if it is open.
2. Go to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Retouch Pilot” and find there the file “RetouchPilotPlugin64.8bf”.
3. Copy this file to “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 15\Plug-Ins\”.
After starting Adobe Photoshop Elements, the Retouch Pilot plug-in will appear in the program menu.
Formats 16 bits/channel are not supported. Format tiff 8 bits/channel is supported.
This problem usually occurs if Retouch Pilot was installed without Administrator rights. Please do the following:
1. Close Retouch Pilot if it is open.
2. Uninstall Retouch Pilot from the Control Panel.
3. Install it again under Administrator rights.
When using the “Scratch Eraser” tool, you can set the size of the tool with the Size slider. The maximum tool size is 100×100 pixels. If the size of your image is very large and you want to fit it entirely on the screen, then the program will use a reduced scale of the image. Accordingly, the size of the “Scratch Eraser” tool will also be reduced. To work on a 1: 1 scale, you must select Menu -> View -> Actual Size. The instruments will then have their original size.