Tags in an XML File
Each tag in an XML file is defined using the following descriptions:
There are two export methods:
You can choose which of the two types of export/import to use. Select the main menu item "Tools"->"Options" tab, then go to "Settings" and select the option under "Export/Import to/from single File".
Example of Using Import from XML File
For example, to change the FNumber field on number 2.6:
1. Open Exif Pilot and choose the file to change.
2. Go to "Import/Export"->"Export Exif/Iptc to Xml":
3. As instructed, open the XML File
and change the value of the FNumber tag.
4. Save the XML File.
5. Go to "Import/Export"->"Import Exif/Iptc to Xml". Choose the file to import.
6. The FNumber field has the value 2.6.
To avoid undesirable change of metadata, please, make backup copies of files before editing.
Note that the batch editing is available only with Batch Editing Plug-in...