MS Excel’s Tags
Each tag in an MS Excel file is defined using the following descriptions:
- Tag – name of the tag
- ValueOaTag – value of the tag
There are two export methods:
- Batch export of EXIF and IPTC information for multiple images recorded in a single file.
- Batch export of EXIF and IPTC information for multiple images each recorded in separate files.
You can choose which of the two types of export/import to use. Select the main menu item “Tools”->”Options” tab, then go to “Settings” and select the option under “Export/Import to/from single File”.
There are two types for export data into the MS Excel file:
- Tag names are in the first column of the table.
- Tag names are in the first row of the table.
You can choose which of the two types of export/import to use.
For the second type of export (tag names are in the first row of the table), you should:
- Select the main menu item “Tools”-> “Options” tab, then go to “Settings” and activate the option “Export to MS Excel File (At the level of Tag-Names in the table)”;
- Choose the template export and choose tags for export.
Note that using this type of export you can choose no more than 256 tags as an Excel sheet contains no more than 256 columns.
Example of Using Import from MS Excel
For example, to change the FNumber field on number 2.6:
1. Open Exif Pilot and choose the file to change.
2. Go to “Import/Export”->”Export Exif/Iptc to MS Excel”:
3. As instructed, open the MS Excel file
and change the value of the FNumber tag.
Important: Each cell in the ValueOfTag column must be formatted as text or prefixed with a single quotation mark; i.e., the sign (‘).
For example, the value 1/5 must be formatted as ‘1/5.
4. Save the MS Excel file.
5. Go to “Import/Export”->”Import Exif/Iptc to MS Excel” from MS Excel.
6. Choose the file to import.
7. The FNumber field has the value 2.6.
To avoid undesirable change of metadata, please, make backup copies of files before editing.
Note that the batch editing is available only with Batch Editing Plug-in…