Have a question about Exif Pilot? Check answers to our users’ questions…
Free features of Exif Pilot:
- View EXIF, EXIF GPS, IPTC, and XMP data. More…
- Edit, create EXIF, EXIF GPS, IPTC, and XMP. More…
- Remove EXIF, IPTC tags, and clean up all metadata. More…
- Add new tags. More…
- Edit some Makernote tags.
- Add, edit, and remove keywords. More…
- Import/export EXIF and IPTC from/to XML files. More…
- Import/export EXIF and IPTC from/to MS Excel files. More…
- Import/export EXIF and IPTC from/to Text files in CSV format. More…
- Choose tags for export. More…
- Edit, create Photo Sphere metadata for panorama images. More…
- View descriptions of fields that contain data.
Paid features of Exif Pilot:
Paid “Batch Editing Plug-in” adds to Exif Pilot editor the ability to bulk change exif. More…
Download free EXIF editor for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Exif Pilot 6.10.0, x32 bit (4.8 Mb) – basic version.
- Exif Pilot 6.10.0, x64 bit (5.1 Mb) – this version is recommended for exif-processing of large image files (>100 Mb).
More about export/import in x64 bit version: click to expand...
You are welcome to test the newest beta versions:
New in this beta version:
+ The Exif\CanonCameraSettins\Sharpness tag has been added.
* Changing tags by selecting from the list has been improved.
* Editing of the Exif\CanonCameraSettins\LensType tag has been fixed.
Feel free to drop us comments about any issues related to the beta versions.
Supported Image Formats
- JPEG, TIFF, PNG, DNG, NEF, PEF, CR2, CRW, JP2, ORF, SRW, ARW, SR2, and PSD – reading, editing, and creating metadata.
- RAW formats, including MRW, RW2, PGF, EPS, and RAF – read-only mode.
How to get started
The workflow is simple: Choose folder with files -> Edit metadata -> Save changes. See our simple guide with screenshots…
Learn more about Exif Pilot
- Dictionary of the EXIF, EXIF GPS, and IPTC Tags…
- Exif Pilot in questions and answers…
- See our video lessons on YouTube…
Paid “Batch Editing Plug-in” adds to Exif Pilot editor the following features:
- Multiple photos processing. More…
- Import/export of metadata to a single file or to several separate files. More…
- Command line for editing and creating metadata. More…
Exif Pilot has a specialty that processed files must be located in the same directory.
Please note – there are incredibly many parameters that can be written in EXIF. These parameters (tags) can differ depending on camera brand. Exif Pilot can only view tags it knows, and it can change only part of them. If you are about to buy “Batch Editing Plug-in”, please make sure that Exif Pilot can view and edit the tags you need.
|EXIF tasks that can be processed with Exif Pilot||Free features||Paid “Batch Editing Plug-in”|
|View EXIF, EXIF GPS, IPTC, and XMP data||✔||✔|
|Edit EXIF, EXIF GPS, IPTC, and XMP||✔||✔|
|Create EXIF, EXIF GPS, IPTC, and XMP||✔||✔|
|Delete EXIF, EXIF GPS, and IPTC tags, and clean up all metadata||✔||✔|
|Create, edit, delete image keywords||✔||✔|
|Edit, create Photo Sphere XMP data||✔||✔|
|Import/export EXIF and IPTC from/to XML files||✔||✔|
|Import/export EXIF and IPTC from/to MS Excel files||✔||✔|
|Import/export EXIF and IPTC from/to Text filesin CSV format||✔||✔|
|Multiple photos processing||✔|
|Import/export of metadata to a single file or to several separate files||✔|
|Command line for editing and creating metadata||✔|
October 07 2021 :: Version 6.10.0
+ Tag editing on the “Photosphere” tab has been fixed.
+ The Help search has been added.
+ The ability to specify the file name when starting ExifPilot with the StartUpFolder parameter has been added.
Exif Pilot on Facebook
Exif Pilot on YouTube
What people are saying about Exif Pilot
“I am delighted with this software. I can’t tell you how much work this program saves for me. Can you imagine how long it would take me to label each and every image one at a time? It took me a couple years working almost everyday to create the spreadsheet with the information on all of my 37K+ slides. Fortunately, I created this spreadsheet years ago when I was still shooting film. Now I am digitizing these old slides (I use the Nikon scanner). Using Exif Pilot, I can now upload all my spreadsheet data into the metadata file on each image rapidly and easily. What a joy; I love this software!”
“I am a 77 year young wallpaper junkie. I found Exif Pilot by chance with Google and have been using it to preserve exif tags when I make improvements on the Penguin, Polar Bear or Bird photos I collect.
I try my damnedest to attribute and indicate on each photo the name of the photographer and location. I use Exif Pilot to backup to MSExcel the EXIF and IPTC data before I correct “impurities” on the photos such as camera flash in eyes and worms on beaks. Then I transfer to the corrected image the original EXIF and IPTC data to the corrected one. GREAT TOOL!”
Barbara Ann Ecroyd