Two Pilots™    Home  |  Navigation  |  Site Map  |  Products  |  Download  |  Prices  |  For Partners  |  Support

All forums · Statistics · Search ·

Two Pilots forum / For software developers / PDFCreatorPilot: Out Of Memory
WietZ
# Posted: 6 Apr 2006 12:35

Hello ColorPilot !

First of all, I'm overall very pleased with the PDFCreatorpilot product!
I've been using the (registered version of) PDFCreatorPilot component enthusiastically for some time now, and when page numbers start rising high (for example 1700-4000 pages), the component seems to randomly raise the error 'Out of memory', with error number -2147418113. Can you give me a clue what might be causing this problem? After intensive use, the error already raises at above 1700 pages. After a reboot, this number can be 3700-3800. I create a pdf with GoToPageAction, some lines, an outline in the book mark section and a lot of (small) images.

Thanks in advance !

Stanislav
# Posted: 6 Apr 2006 12:52

Hello,

Please try to use property OnePass, and all pages will be writed on disk without memory consumption,

Best regards,
Stanislav,
Two Pilots

WietZ
# Posted: 6 Apr 2006 14:16

Thanks!

Although I need to be able to switch to previous pages during processing, this might be an option.
Is it possible to produce pdf pages using onepass=false, close the document, open it again with onepass=true and add the remaining pages?

thanks in advance

Stanislav
# Posted: 6 Apr 2006 14:28

Hello,

No, it is impossible, because library can't open existing documents.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Stanislav,
Two Pilots

Dominique Savoie
# Posted: 7 Jul 2008 08:46

Hello,

I am evaluating your product for evantualy buying it.

I have the same problem with the version 4 demo using IPDFDocument4. I can't use IPDFDocument3.OnePass (deprecated) and it is essential that i can print several thousand pages. The out ou memory appear to append when the memory allocated is 2Go.

Can you have a solution to this?

Stanislav
# Posted: 7 Jul 2008 09:24

Hello,

Yes, 2Gb is a maximum virtual address space for each 32-bit process under 32-bit Windows.

I think OnePass is the only solution in your situation, of course except of Win64 with a large amount of the RAM. But, i can't tell you if it's possible to add this property in the current code base. Our developers on vacation, so they will be able to reply here only in two weeks. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Stanislav,
Two Pilots

mvf
# Posted: 10 Jul 2008 22:38

Hello Dominique,
You may open saved PDF document if you use IPDFDocument4 interface. It supposrts PDF documents reading.