The Life of our Project
Virtual Printer Driver Features
- Print to searchable PDF;
- Print to image (BMP, TIFF, JPEG, PNG);
- Print to text (ANSI, UTF-8 or Unicode);
- Can act as a print server with shared printing, supports terminal services and works in a domain;
- Print job redirection to hardware printer;
- Print job management: document modification, cancel printing;
- Add watermarks to documents with many configuration options;
- Upload files using FTP/FTPS/SFTP;
- ESC/POS receipt parser (virtual POS printer);
- Early Access: allows to obtain converted files right after User start print a document;
- N-Up feature: allows to print 2, 4, 6, 9 or 16 pages per sheet;
- Supports OAuth v2.0;
- Multilanguage interface;
- MSI installer with full source code;
- Supported OS (both x86 and x64): Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11.
Download Virtual Printer Driver SDK
- EMF Virtual Printer 11.6.8, 32 bit (11 Mb)
- EMF Virtual Printer 11.6.8, 64 bit (12.4 Mb)
- Developer kit: all files + installer source
Our Virtual Printer is royalty free. Learn more about Virtual Printer Development prices…
If you are a software developer, our Custom Virtual Printer SDK will help you to:
Generate an output in the form of standard raster or vector formats from your program (or from any other software application meant to produce printing forms).
Supported output formats:
- TIFF with various compressions including CCITT fax compression. Virtual printer also supports the special fax – resolutions such as 204×98 and 204×196 DPI.
- JPEG, BMP, PNG
- Plain text in different encodings (ANSI, UTF-8 or Unicode)
- Redirect the print job to other printer. Thus, when sending the document to the printer, you can save it in the set format (PDF, BMP, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, TXT) and print it in paper form on the physical printer at the same time.
- Modify a virtual-printed document before sending it for actual printing.
- Import documents from other applications. Imported documents can be converted to your format with the use of an EMF format.
Virtual printer supports the custom paper sizes of up to 33×46″, various resolutions from 100 to 2400 DPI, and multilanguage interface. You will get a printer with desired name, driver installation and uninstallation module, and integration instructions with the samples.
Our virtual printer is royalty free. The fee that you pay when you purchase the virtual printer is your only expense. We do not charge any consecutive royalties. You can use the printer with your applications without any additional fees. We will make all additional customization to make sure that the printer fully conforms to your requirements. The source code is also available for purchasing. Its license allows the code modifications.
What people are saying about our Virtual Printer
“This was the second product I bought from Two Pilots and I’m very happy with it. I evaluated some other competitive products in the virtual printer area before, but there were problems with all of them. The virtual printer driver from Two Pilots is not the cheapest one, but worth every single Euro, because it just works perfectly. And if you have any problems or questions there will be a fast and competent answer from their support team. Additionally they are very flexible if you needs something special like me. Thanks for this great product and your support!”
Andreas Breitschopp (AB-Tools.com)
How the Virtual Printer Works
- The user prints a document to the virtual printer from any application.
- The virtual printer intercepts the print job and saves each printed page as EMF file.
- The virtual printer converts EMF files to specified output formats. All files are saved in the current user temporary directory or specified output directory.
- The virtual printer creates an INI file with print job information and paths to the generated files.
- The virtual printer sends the path of this INI file to a specified application using one of following transfer modes:
- Command line transfer mode. The virtual printer will run the specified application with the path of the INI file in the command line parameters.
- WM_COPYDATA transfer mode. The printer runs the specified application (or looks for a running instance) and sends it the path of the INI file using a WM_COPYDATA message.
- Named pipe transfer mode. The printer runs the specified application and sends it the path of the INI file using a named pipe.
- Your application receives the INI file and parses it. Now you can perform any final actions (moving files, transferring files, etc.) You should delete files from the output directory when you are finished.
- You can see Virtual Printer Tutorials how to use our virtual printer technology in your applications.
- How to work with Virtual Printer using: C++ | C# | Delphi | VB.NET | VB
If you have any comments and suggestions, please contact us via our online form.